Office of the Mayor
The mayor is the head of administration and has the overarching strategic and political responsibility Mhlontlo local municipality. The Mayor together with the Executive committee have a political responsibility for sound governance and effective service delivery.
The mayor is also Mhlontlo local municipality’s first citizen and represents the municipality at ceremonial functions.
The objectives of the office of the mayor are to:
- Ensure effective political direction and decision making
- Ensure good liaison with regional provincial and national political structures
- Ensure the effective management of the executive committee
- Provide support service for sport and culture promotion
- Provide particular support to disadvantaged groups (Women, youth ,elderly, Disabled and HIV/AIDS)
- Ensure effective communications with the media around political direction.
Key Staff Listings and Contact Details:
Manager in the office of the Mayor
Tel: (+27) 47 553 7001
Ms Zimkhita Phikelela
Tel (+27) 47 553 7002